I don’t know about you, but reading the back of an all-purpose cleaning bottle…. scary. I can hardly pronounce the ingredients much less know their side-effects. I stumbled into making homemade cleaning wipes that are natural, chemical-free, and customizable to the scent of your choice! They are safe on counters, stainless appliances, glass, mirrors, furniture (painted, laminate, and wood), television screens… you name it! They are sanitizing for daily maintenance, but also have become my go-to dusting cloth. (If you are concerned about a new surface, just test a small area before wiping it down.)
- 1/2 – 1 cup of vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup alcohol (I use 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol)
- 1 tsp dish soap (I use blue original Dawn)
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Viva paper towels (need to be thick, cloth texture)
- Container of your choice (mine is from Bed Bath and Beyond)
- Sharp knife to cut paper towels in half
- Cut the paper towel roll in half with a sharp kitchen knife.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vinegar and water, add alcohol, add dish soap, and top it off with the essential oil of your choice (lemon for me!). I whisk it together (bubbles are fine) and pour over the pre-cut roll of paper towels until evenly saturated. If you think they are too dry, you can add a bit more vinegar.
- The cardboard center should easily pull out at this point, and you are all set! They should unroll from the center just like Clorox wipes (minus all the bad stuff).
You will love these! My once skeptical husband even uses them for anything and everything! Clean your phone, the TV remotes, your computer, kids toys, and obviously all of the household chores!