While we are on the topic of essential oils… let’s talk about diffusing! It is that time of year where winter is sneaking up on us and “flu shot” advertisements are everywhere. Start by building immunity and a clean environment in your home. I use this diffuser, and it lives in our kitchen (which is open to the living room), so I like to think it fills the space! A diffuser breaks down the essential oil(s) (diluted with distilled water) into micro molecules that are projected into the air around you. The different oils that you use can have different effects. My daily essential oil of choice is Thieves! It smells cozy and is known for its’ cleaning properties. If my house can smell like baked goods as the air is being purified… Count me in!
FAVORITES from YoungLiving
- Thieves – Great for cleaning! This one is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils.
- Lemon – My go-to summer scent. (I mix Lemon with my homemade cleaning wipes.)
- Purification – Another blend made up of Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree.
- Peppermint– I have a roller ball attachment and apply this directly on my temples and neck for headaches… It’s magic!
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia)- Mix a few drops with grapeseed oil for an everyday moisturizer.
There are MANY single oils and blends, but these seem to be my staples. I use each of them everyday at some point! Depending on the time of year, others make their way into my routine, too. Stay tuned for a flu fighting assortment coming up!
How Does It Work?
Easy! Each diffuser may have slightly different settings, but should operate around the same idea. You will add the designated amount of distilled water along with 8-12 drops of your favorite oil(s). You can also mix for custom scents. For example, in the summer, Grapefruit and Lemon are a go-to for me! In the fall, Clove and Thieves. After a long day, Peppermint or Spearmint.
*I have chosen to purchase YoungLiving essential oils after extensive personal research. Their products are the most pure and least refined that I could find, and I am not advertising on their behalf. Be selective and educate yourself on the different brands before bringing them into your home.
Give it a try,