Your skin is going to thank you when you try this DIY Natural Body Scrub. I am always making an effort to use quality, natural products and eliminate as many chemicals as possible. Have you looked at the back of your soap or lotion bottle on the ingredients label lately? Yikes… I created this recipe as a base that is easily manipulated to meet your needs! Feel free to tweak the ratio of ingredients to make it the consistency and scent of your choice!
- 2 cups extra virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup sea salt (fine or coarse)
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil. I used peppermint for this batch.
- Plastic container (be careful using glass if you keep this in the shower)
Optional Add-Ins (for a more liquid consistency):
- 12-15 drops rose hip oil
- 1/8 cup grape seed oil OR
- 1/8 cup coconut oil (comes as liquid)
- 1/4 cup mango butter (comes as a solid, will need to be softened like coconut oil)
- Start with the coconut oil (solid at room temperature) and microwave it for about 10-15 seconds in a glass container enough to soften for mixing.
- Add essential oils of your choice, stir.
- Make sure the oil is not too warm before adding salt, sugar, and the optional add-ins. You do not want them to start to dissolve.
- Whip until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside to firm at room temperature.
- Check out some background information on essential oils and their uses here.
- Keep your feet extra soft by soaking in epsom before applying your DIY moisturizing scrub.
- If you tend to have irritated skin, try lavender and lemon for a soothing, brightening combo!
- Apply the scrub without water for a more abrasive exfoliant before rinsing.
- I do not recommend this for the face if you have sensitive skin. I use this!
You are going to love this stuff!