Fajitas??! Count me in! This recipe is simple, healthy (baked!), and delicious. Juicy, zesty chicken fajita meat and sizzling veggies easily prepared in the oven will make your Taco Tuesday delicious and simple. Who doesn’t love simplicity?? It’s a go-to recipe in our home!
- 7-9 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers
- yellow bell pepper
- orange bell pepper
- 2 sweet yellow onions
- 6 tbs butter (divided between veggies and onions)
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- taco seasoning – check out mine here! (for meat)
- salt and pepper (for veggies)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut onion and bell pepper into even slices, set aside
- Slice chicken breasts into even strips (Make sure you keep things clean and separated to prevent cross contamination. Clean up with bleach. Chicken bacteria is scary.)
- In a large bowl, toss cut chicken with taco seasoning and 3-4tbs olive oil
- In two 9×13 pans, arrange chicken so that it is not overlapping for even baking
- In another 9×13 pan, spread sliced bell peppers. Throw a few pats of butter in the pan. It will melt down when baking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake bell peppers and chicken in the oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes (or until chicken internal temp is 165F). Stir veggies and chicken in pan(s) halfway through.
- On low to medium heat in a skillet, combine sliced onions and 3-4tbs butter. Continue stirring and allow to caramelize. If you need more butter, go for it. No one is judging here.
- Once the chicken and bell peppers are finished, serve with tortillas, tostada shells, on a taco salad, and more. Get creative!
- I usually have sour cream, homemade pico de gallo, salsa, queso, sliced jalapeños, and guacamole ready to go! Prep these items while your meat is in the oven.
- Cutting raw meat can be… less than ideal. Wear disposable gloves to avoid the cold slimy feeling. If it doesn’t bother you, more power to ya!
- I often use my kitchen scissors to cut the raw chicken in fajita strips. A knife works too, just make sure it is all sanitized when you are finished.