As much as I loveeee chocolate chip cookies, veggies have their special place in my heart, too. I make these baked green beans and roasted tomatoes at least once week to get in a hearty dose of nutrients with minimal effort and big flavor! From start to finish under 15 minutes. That’s my kind of dish.
You know those soggy green beans? The ones that kind of fall apart when you stab them with your fork… Unless they are part of a Thanksgiving green bean casserole, that shouldn’t be happening. I like my greens crisp on the outside with a burst of flavor and juice in every bite. Roasting your veggies (especially with a little lemon juice) elevates their natural flavors and gives that perfect texture. Not to mention it is easier than boiling- which can turn them into little rubbery stalks. I am telling you, this will become a staple side dish in your house once you get a taste!
- 4 cups fresh (or frozen) green beans
- 1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs lemon juice
Total Servings: 4 individual portions
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up
- Wash and dry produce, cut heirloom tomatoes into halves or quarters
- In a large bowl, toss green beans, halved baby heirloom tomatoes, sliced almonds, minced garlic, and seasonings in oil and lemon juice until evenly coated
- Spread over the baking sheet and roast at 400F for 12-15 minutes